Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I want to die as myself

Page 142 "I want to die as myself." - Peeta

The hunger games book is amazing. The hunger games by Suzanne Collins has a very short but deep quote. Before going into the hunger games Peeta says, "I want to die as myself." when he says he wants to die as himself he means he wants to be himself when he dies and not be a piece of the Capitols games. The Capitol doesn't see the kids as people but as entertainment. I think this quote sums up the entire hunger games trilogy. I think that everybody should want to die the selves. But the thing is whatever you die as or who ever you die as, you will be seen as that by society. Hence in the games everybody will be watching.

I think this quote sums up the trilogy because the simple idea of rebellion. All three book s have rebellion in it. Technically you are rebelling if you want to die as yourself in panem. People want you to die for the entertainment. If you do not entertain them and rebel against what the people want and what the Capitol wants, he'll would break loose.

I also think that you should want to die yourself because why would you want to die something you're not. You should be yourself your whole life and no one could change that unless you let them. And Peeta, when he says the quote he is saying that he won't let them kill him as nothing but a piece in their games.

The only messed up thing about our society is that people will believe anything that they see. Including on t.v which is why Suzanne Collins added the fact that when they say star crossed lovers its really something that is made up but the Capitol and the audience everywhere will see it and believe it. So if you want people to see who you really,you should want to die yourself, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment